Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cyst

I received a phone call yesterday from my doctors office.  They had to reschedule my surgery because my insurance company won't approve the surgery without a review.  Man!!!  I know the way it looks, I'm 43 years old and having a hysterectomy, which is young.  So I'm hoping that once they read and review my report they will approve the surgery.  I can't think of reason for them to reject the surgery.  My goodness there is a 10 cm sized cyst on my ovary.   I know I have no history with this problem until 2 weeks ago, but that should tell them that this is something that needs to taken care.  Believe me if I didn't feel I should have surgery I wouldn't be going through with it.  I know of a lot of other things I would love to be doing.

I'm not exactly happy to post pone this surgery 5 days.  First that gives me 5 more days to be nervous.  Next this messes with my husbands annual fishing trip.  He leaves on the 16th.  I will only be home a few days before he leaves.  I know I have the kids, mom and my best friends (should be sister) for help and support.  However I would feel more comfortable with him here with me.  I don't want to tell him he can't go either, so he can be here to hold my hand.   And finally this messes with my work schedule too.  I was hoping I would be back to work for Mothers Day.  Now that doesn't look like that will be possible either.  I dislike that I have caused my coworkers more stresses and force them to pick up more hours they may not want.  This is all because my insurance company has to review the reasons for the surgery.  This is wrong.  Health care really does need a over haul.  Is the new law going to work out this major wrinkles in my insurance..  probably not.  Why do insurance companies get the last say in health care???  If insurance companies have the right they need to be required to sit in on the decision making.  Hear what the patient is going through, their situation and hear what the doctor is advising.  Plus they need to know what the alternative is.  I run the risk of this cyst twisting and rupturing.  There is always the risk of infection.  If they would wait with this there would be more tests and scans.  Wouldn't these things cost the insurance company more money via doing the surgery and having it over with??? 

No comments: