Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Eve!!

Today I will be prepping for tonight and tomorrow.  Plans keep changing on when and who is coming.  Since I have so few family members you'd think this would be easy, but nope.  All the cleaning is done.  The table and cooking is whats left for today.  Oh and Henry needs a long hot bath.  He's my smelly like buddy and hasn't left my side since I climbed in bed last night.  I didn't sit down the entire day and he missed me.  He is such a lap dog.  If I don't sit down with Henry he will beg for me to come and sit with him.   I'm so lucky to have him.  I'm so excited for tonight.  I'm sure we will play the Wii and after everyone leaves I will be watching It's a Wonderful Life.  It's a tradition.  Hopefully I won't fall asleep like I normally do.  I love Christmas so much.  I keep thinking only one more day and then things all change.  In a little more then a week everything Christmas will be put away and all the well wishing will be over.  Don't get me wrong I'm ok when it's over but I do miss it and in October when Christmas stuff show up in the stores I realize how much I have missed it. The last two Christmas's have been so different without my dad and we are all searching for the new normal without dad.  There is a hole in the holiday without dad.  
Merry Christmas Eve!!

No comments: