Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I Just Want You To Know by Kate Gosselin Book Review

I Just Want You To Know: Letters to My Children on Love, Faith and Family by Kate Gosselin.  Really short read.  If your looking for dish that you didn't already know, this is not the book for you.  There are letter written by Kate for each one of her children.  The letters are sweet, however they feel like she is trying desperately to  convince everyone including the children that she knows her kids.  I don't know how she could when she is on the road being a celebrity, giving inspirational speaker, dancer and book writer.  I understand and give her credit for working hard to provide for her family.  However there are lots of jobs outside the spot light to make money, including her career of being a nurse.

There was no mention of her divorce or if she is dating etc... 

The book feels like she wants the public to think she knows her children better then I think she really does and clearly a way to make money. 

I had this book on my request list at the library and it came in 2 weeks ago, of course it was a short rental of 2 weeks.  Right now I'm extremely busy helping my mom with her rental house.  More on that later.  But I really didn't have the time for reading a book.  But I did it, glad it was a quick read!!

Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the book. 

No comments: