Monday, April 5, 2010

Coffee Table Scarf

Another DIY!!


I had left over burlap from my photo frame project.  I love the color and the texture of burlap, so I just had to use it somewhere else in my home.  
Well I know my family they are not what you'd call careful in any sense of the word.  So I knew I had to put something down on the newly painted coffee table... but what??  Vintage dresser scarves just didn't seem right.  So as I was folding the left over burlap, I thought this would be so cool on the coffee table.  So I looked through my fabric and found some black... yeah I know, I have need a 12 step program for the color black addiction.  I measured the length I wanted and cut the burlap, then measured the black fabric but added about 1 1/2 inches on each edge.  I folded about a quarter of an inch under and finished the raw edge of each side of the black fabric.  Then I laid the burlap in the center of black fabric and folded over the edges and sewed the together.
This is what my finished edge looks like

I love it!  Oh wait whats missing???  The latest copy of Mustang Monthly!!

Uh...  that's more like it!!!


No comments: