Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cyst

It was a long day at the doctors office.  This new doctor seems really nice.  I will be having surgery on Monday.  They will be taking the cyst and that ovary, plus the uterus.  He will be looking at the other ovary to see what condition it is in.  It is looks healthy he won't take it.  However he will take it if it looks like it will cause me trouble in the future.  So hopefully I will still have a ovary after the surgery so I don't have to take replacement hormones.

The doctor is 99% certain that it is not cancer.  But he won't know for sure until he's in there and they test the cyst and ovary.  I feel better about the whole situation.  And I knew there would be surgery and I wanted it soon.  Well now that I have a date and I'm scared about the surgery.  I'm sure everything will be fine.  I will be in the hospital for 2 to 4 days.  I will be off from work for 6 weeks.  This comes at a very bad time at work.  We are short of help.  One of our waitresses quit and we were hoping that we wouldn't have to hire someone new until fall when the college kids start school.  But with me being off we will have to hire someone right now.  I'm sad that I have put them on the spot and I was scheduled a lot of hours in April.  The others will have to cover my hours which means they will have to work just about everyday.  I will owe them big time.  Last year and the year before when my father was ill, I had to take off a lot and they covered my hours without complaint.  Now again they have to cover me again...  man I feel terrible about that.  3 years in a row!!  But at least I will be back on my feet by June.

I will post as much as I can before Monday, then the next week I won't probably be away from the computer.  Then after that, when I'm recovering....  watch out I will be probably driving every crazy with posts!!  Lucky you!!!!

No comments: