Monday, April 5, 2010

Repurposing a Picnic Basket

Some years ago I received a beautiful picnic basket from Butterball as a premium.  It sat in the basement for a few years.  To be honest I had no idea what to do with it.  We live in the country and "going on a picnic" isn't something we do.  Well one day I was sitting down to sew and I looked at my sewing accessory container, it was sad.  It was green cheap plastic.  However while looking at it I realized that the picnic basket was the same size!!  Well that got me thinking.  Could the accessory container tray fit in the picnic basket????  You bet!!!  It fit perfect, almost like it was made for it.  So I moved everything from the ugly green container to the beautiful picnic basket!!!  Everything fit, plus I had lots of room in the bottom.  The tray is still plastic, but I don't care!!

Yup it's messy!!  Just keeping it real people!!  I could have straightened it all out and said oh this is what it looks like all the time!!  However staging, then lying about it just isn't me and there is quite enough of that going on in blogland already!!!

No comments: