Sunday, July 11, 2010

1953 GM Futurliner Parade of Progress #10

This is a really cool bus.  I have seen it before at Iola, however none of the pictures had turned out.  So this time I made sure they turned out.  This was restored a few years ago.  There was only 12 ever made.  Back 2 or 3 years ago one of these sold at Scottsdale AZ auction for 4 million dollars.  I had toured it before, but this time I took Cassie ( a friend of Nicci's who came along with us)  and Nicci.  Cassie sat in the seat and then I told her she was sitting in a 4 million dollar seat, she freaked out a bit!!!  We talked to the caretaker of this a few times.  I just think it's so cool.  The bus is normally kept in Indiana in a museum, however Iola paid for the bus to trucked from Indiana to the Badger port on the Michigan side and then paid for it's trip over on the Badger and then trucked from there to Iola and then back home.  
More about   GM Futurliners

No comments: