Saturday, July 3, 2010

Presto Digital Pro Fry Deep Fryer Review

Oh I like it!!  I bought it a Kohls.  Regular price $90, on sale for $35 and I used a 15% off coupon.  I have been looking at these for a while.  But my cool touch fryer was still working, however it was very caked with oil.  I sssoooo wanted to throw it away, but it wouldn't die!!  The basket is huge and it can fry a lot of food at one time.  It was easy to clean, however I think over time it will become more difficult to clean the element, everything else will be easy.   I just think it so weird to dump the oil on top of the exposed heating element.  If I do a lot of frying of breaded items the breading that falls off will land on and around the element.  Is that good??  I will be emptying it after every use, but it just seems wrong and maybe a little dangerous.

Being digital it gives you a warning beep with the oil is hot enough etc..  I like that, so it can't be forgotten.  There is also a timer for cooking length.  I don't think it's quicker in heating the oil nor the frying time.  The fryer is long and tall.  It just barely fits in my cabinets, so keep that in mind.

Sorry about the blurriness with the last photo.  But you get the idea.

Target also had this model regular price $59.  Over all I'm very happy with it, however I do believe as time goes on it will be very difficult to keep clean. 

3 days until Iola Carshow!!!! 

No comments: