Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Goodwill and other Deals

Yesterday my daughter and I went to Goodwill to pick up a few shorts for her and jeans for hubby.  OMG did we find the deals.  We bought 24 clothing items for just less then $100.  My daughter got 3 jeans and 3 jean shorts all name brand.  Hubby got 2 jeans, one was Lee brand the other was Carhartt jeans. Both were like new.  Seriously felt like new.  I got a brand new nighty with Kohls tags still on it.  Also got a brand new Victoria Secrets sleepwear top with tags on it.  I got 2 denim Levi shorts.  Numerous summer tops some with new tags on them.  We came home with 3 plastic shopping bags stuffed full.  I wish I would have thought of taking a photo.  No such luck.  I had seen a few things my son would have liked  but I wasn't sure.  So I didn't buy anything for him.  After he saw all the great things we picked up he went over there with his grandma.  He brought home one bag full of clothes.  Only one pair of jeans.  But he got 2 plaid shorts and many t-shirts!!  Name brand.  he spent $30!!!   I'm so proud of him and his choices!!  Not bad for a 19 year old. 

I shopped yesterday because I will be in Iola for the carshow on Wednesday.   Here are the deals I picked up.

Walgreens: Colgate Max paste $.99 after register rewards and I used a $1.00 coupon.  I don't know where the coupon was from.  Colgate Max toothbrush $.99 after register rewards, I used $.75 coupon from All You Magazine. Also picked up many of the mechanical pencils for $.19 for a package of 5.  Some of Walgreens summer items are 50% off this is what I bought for $7.50

I just think it's so cool!

Target had 30% dollar spot.  I bought my daughter a pair of flip flops, Rayovac batteries, a dog collar and bungee cords for $.70 each.  Mainly stopped to get my prescriptions filled.

Walmart: I have been pricing Piggly Wiggly's ad for $.99 for a whole watermelon!!!  Walmart also have 3# boxes of Johnsonville brats for $4.88 and I used $1.50/1 sunday insert coupons!!  Those are cheap brats!!!  I think those are 1980's prices!!  Lovin it!

Nothing special at Pick N Save: spent $11.44 and saved $6.95.  Thats not 50%!!  Man!  See what happens when I can't double coupon.

Festival Foods: Store brand mac and cheese $.39 each.  Cans of oranges $.44/1.  Bags of store brand frozen vegies $.69 with in ad coupon.  Eggs and Coke 2 liter bottle free with flyer coupon.  Store brand 12 package batteries $2.50.  Spent $9.05 saved $11.92.  





No comments: