Monday, November 1, 2010

After Halloween Sales

I stopped at Walmart first, because they open earliest. All Halloween was 50% off.  I bought a bunch of candy: Skittles, Starburst and Gummy candies.  All were $1 each and I used $1/2 coupons.  So each bag was $.50, these coupons were in the Sunday inserts.  I bought lightsticks $.50 each, Halloween panty hoses $1.75 each, teal lights a $1 each, and I splurged I bought a battery operated Halloween Candelabra.  It was $7, a little guilt because I don't need any more decoration.  BUUUTT  it was so cool, I couldn't leave it behind.  I bought a Ghost pillow and blanket for Nicci for xmas.   It is so great having a ours school colors and ghost as our mascot...  I can get great deals at Halloween for school!!

Then I went over to Target and to my surprise there candy was only 30% off.  I did get a couple of bags of Nestle candy because I had a couple coupons that were in some of the bags of candy I opened for Nicci's Halloween party.  Regular sized bagged candy was $1.88 that isn't the greatest price.  But I would have bought the candy before Halloween if I had those coupons then.  I bought some orange and black striped tights for Homecoming next year. I bought orange solo cups for $2.99 used $.75 coupon printed from smartsource.com  I bought orange and black straws, plastic forks,s spoons, knives. napkins, table covers and plates.  Nothing was over a dollar.  All of these will be Halloween parties and Niccis graduation.  I won't buy any of this type of stuff at full price or even on sale.  Only on clearance.   I also found a roll of black streamers for $.75.  Then the dollar spot green dot items were 75% off.  So I got a few scrapbooking things and a bunch of packages of fall leaves for $.25 each.  And on sale was Lady Antebellum  Christmas CD for $6.99.  This is a Target exclusive so I don't think the library will be getting it so I bought it.  Another splurge!!  I used $6.88 in coupons so it's like using the coupons paid for the CD!!!!  Its all in the way of thinking!!  LOL!!!!!

Tomorrow is my sons birthday and I want to make butter cream frosting for his cake or cupcakes (I don't know which one I will be making)  and I didn't have any butter.  Walmarts cheapest butter was $2.75 a pound.  I just hate spending that much on butter.  So Pick n Save has a deal if you buy 3 Pillsbury Grands for $4.98/3 I would get a free pound of butter.  There butter was $3.19 a pound...crazy!!!  Anyway I bought the 3 Grands and they had $.30/3 coupon on package so I used that.  Total for the 3 Grands and pound of butter $4.68..

Then off to Piggly Wiggly to get there weekly deals.  Get this I was in the spaghetti sauce isle and guess what there was???  A blinkie machine with Pillsbury Grand coupons $.75/3!!!!!  Grrr!!  I grabbed  a bunch!  Anyway...  Eileen Halloween taffy $.99, Food Club Hot Chocolate free after Larry's Piggly Wiggly coupon printed from their website, Food Club Taco Seasoning $.39 each on sale, Indian Summer Apple Cider $.99 on sale, KC Master Piece BBQ sauce on sale for $.50 each....  and get this there was a coupon for $1 off charcoal on the bottle.  The checker started taking it off.  I said I didn't buy the charcoal so you won't be able to use it.  She said "they" said we can take them any way!!  Wow so I got paid $.50 to buy it.  I should have went back for more, but I really wanted to go home.  Next time I will see if they have more and hopefully they will be on sale.  Mt Dew case $4.99 with ad coupon, Piggly Wiggly buns $.79 each on sale and a gallon of milk for $1.69 with ad coupon.  Saved $9 and spent $14.

More deals on Wednesday!!!

Oops I forgot at Target they had Halloween Oreos for $1.49 each and I used $1/2 coupon from the Sunday inserts.  So each package was a $1  for OREOS!!!  Good deal and they freeze great!!

No comments: