Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Morning View

When I opened the blinds in the our bedroom, this is what I saw!!   The tree and the crab apples are covered with frost!!  This tree is a haven for small birds in the summer.  So in the summer I wake to wonderful chirping and in the winter I wake to the a frost/snow covered crab apple tree.  Also out this window I have a row/fence of about 12 Lilac bushes.  My favorite flower scent is Lilac, plus they are a beautiful flower.  Anyway in late spring they all bloom and I get to fall asleep and wake to the scent of Lilacs!!  I'm so very lucky.  Last year the scent was the strongest I have ever had yet.  On a calm day I could smell the Lilacs near the driveway which is about 100 yards away from the trees.  It was great!!!  Anyway right now all the trees are covered with frost, this is my favorite look in winter.  I dislike snow, not for it's beauty, because it usually is beautiful.  But for making the roads slippery and dangerous.  Usually when it snows it's 20 to 30 degrees, I can bear those temperatures.  But when the wind chills are below 0 that's when I wish out loud "I want to move 500 miles south"!!

No comments: