Friday, February 19, 2010

Quartz and Tile

The Quartz counter top is in and it looks great.  However it wasn't without problems.  The plan was to reuse the current stainless steel sink.  However for whatever reason the counter top installer didn't cut the hole for the sink large enough.  So they took off the tack strips that you use to tighten the sink to the counter top.  When they did that it put about 50 little dings in the sink.  The other issue was on the island.  There were 3 very long scuffs.  These were very easy to see because on the island you get glare from the lights above and the light from the windows.  So yesterday they came back to cut the sink hole larger.  I bought a new sink the day before.  (the installer is paying for the new stainless steel sink).  All is good now with the sink.  The island scuff is still there, although it's harder to see.  The manager is coming out to look at it and try another cleaning product to see if it will disappear all together.  I wonder if after some wear will the scuff appear again?

The tile is on the wall, the tile installer will be back today to grout.  It looks fabulous!!  I love it.  No issues with that...  Thank Goodness!!

Monday the kitchen floor installation starts.  It will take 2 full days to complete the floor in the kitchen.  Then we give the floor a rest and then Thursday the carpet in the living room will be installed.  That shouldn't take that long.  I hope.  I really want my house back in order.

After that, I have to decide what to do about the curtains.  I love my old curtains, however do I want to use them again?  Will they look right?  We'll see.  I want to recover the seats on my dinning room chairs.  I have never done that before, so that should be interesting.  But it needs to be done.

Next week at this time I should be able to post before and after pictures!!

No comments: