Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Don't Bet Against Me! by Deanna Favre & Angela Hunt

This is the latest book I've read.  Don't Beat Against Me by Deanna Favre.  It was a very good book.  It was written about 5 years ago so the latest drama with her husband wasn't in the book.  She started out talking about her childhood and how she met Brett as a teenager.   The beginning of the book focused on Brett, being a unwed mother and financial struggles.  How Brett, Brittany and her life changed when Pro Football came into their lives.  There are tips and signs to look for Cancer sprinkled throughout the book.  Deanna wrote about her feelings about finding the cancer, her treatment and how Brett, fans, friends and family stood by her.  She relied on her faith is a huge way.  There is a lot about her strength coming from her faith.  There are letters to her daughters and so much more.  It wasn't a tearful book which I thought it was going to be.  I put off reading this book because I didn't know I could handle it after my father passing away from cancer.  But I was able to handle it without tears.  Yes it brought back thoughts and feelings though.

No comments: