Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Piggly Wiggly Mistake & Wednesday Deals

I was going to write about my Monday trip to Piggly Wiggly, but when I started to look at the register receipt I noticed there were items listed that I didn't buy.  There was even Food Stamp used on there, which I don't use.  It's very odd because all the items I bought is on there and then there is another gallon of milk, hamburger, chocolate chips, vita. bananas, donuts and ortega items.  This is so strange.  Next time I'm in town I'm stopping there to straighten this out.   

I guess I just have to check EVERY single receipt before leaving the store.  I usually don't check except for Walmart.  2 weeks in a row I had to go to the service desk after checking out to get an adjustment.  Last week I was over charged on a melon and lunch meat.   I added up to $3.50 and this week is was over $5 in charges for more items then I purchased.

Welmart deals: Items I price matched with Festival Foods..  Celery  $.68, Baby Ruth $1.88 used $1/2 off of smartsource.com or coupons.com Coke 12 pack $1.98, Progresso soup $.99 used $1/3 coupon from store display a few weeks ago, Asparagus $1.98 a pound, Totinos Pizza $.88 and used $1/4 coupons from  a store display a few weeks ago, Jacks Pizza $1.99 used $1/3 coupons from the Sunday inserts, milk $1.48 and frozen peas $.69 each.   Also bought Reach floss $.97 and used $1/1 coupons printed from coupons.com  Gain Dish soap $.97 used $1/1 coupon from Sunday inserts.  It was a good day price matching!!  I will be shopping a Festival Foods later this week.  I ran out of time to stop there today I had a doctors appointment.  Plus I'm waiting for coupons that I ordered from couponkutters  We didn't get mail on Monday because of Columbus Day so my coupons are taking longer this week to arrive.

Walgreens Halls Refreshers Free after register rewards and $1/1 coupon from All You magazine.  Crest Pro Health toothpaste $.99 after register reward and then $1/1 coupon from the Sunday inserts, so free.  Oral B Advantage toothbrush $.99 after register reward and then use $.75 coupon from the Sunday inserts so only $.25 each.  But you can only do the Crest or Oral B per transaction, they are made by the same company.  Right Guard deo is B1G1 Free and I used a $3/2 coupons.com so $.99 for 2.

Pick N Save the first trip was fun!!!  It was only $8.90 for 4 boxes of Chocolate Cheerios, 8 boxes of Hamburger Helper, 4 boxes of BC potatoes, and 5 Pillsbury Grands.  I used 4 Cheerio coupons I printed from coupons.com   and smartsource.com  $.75/1.  I used a $.75/3 coupon from shelf display and then I used a $.30/2 from the Sunday inserts.  All the rest of the coupons from from a store display from a few weeks ago.  My total was only $8.90 and I received a $10.00 catalina coupon!!!   Their deal was buy $25 of General Mills/Pillsbury/Betty Crocker items and get $10 catalina coupon.  I was so excited.  Then I went back in and picked up A&H detergent $3.68 and used a $1/2 coupon that was doubled.  Baby Ruth $1.99 used $1/2 coupon printed from coupons.com  or smartsource,com  I can't remember which.  Mento's on sale for $1 and used $1/1 coupon from the Sunday inserts.  Colgate Sensitive toothpast $1.64 used $.75 coupons from Sunday inserts and the were doubled.  Roundy's cheese $1 no coupon.  International Delight $2.50 and used a $1/2 coupon doubled.  Then I used the $10 Catalina that I got the trip before my total then was $14.  I saved total today at Pick N Save $79!!!!! Spent a total of $23!!!  I had fun.  I was excited I forgot my coupon binder in my shopping cart.  The next store I went to I realized it was missing.  I prayed, hoped and crossed my fingers that it would still be there when I got back.. It was left in the cart 10 minutes and no one brought it in the store or stole it!!!  Unbelievable.  I know it probably is only important to me.  Anyway I was glad it was there.  Lesson learned.  To keep my head on straight even when I'm excited. 

No comments: