Monday, October 18, 2010

The Talk

The Talk is a new talk show with Sharon Osbourne, Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peette.  I like it so far.  I think the group needs to talk more among themselves, so we can get to know them.  We only know them as their characters they plays.  Course with the exception of Sharon Osbourne, whom we know for the reality show the Osbourne, The X Factor, America's Got Talent and of course the short lived The Sharon Osbourne Show, whom we all feel like we know personally.  Do I have time to be a loyal watcher?  There is only so many talk shows a person can watch or follow.  I used to be a loyal watcher of The View and I rarely watch it any more.  The reason I'm not sure...  maybe just because I have other things I want to do in the day.  When The Vew gets headlines I usually just go to You Tube and watch what ever segment that is getting attention.  Like last week when Whoopie and Joy walked off the stage because of  Bill O'Reilly's calling Muslims the group behind 911 attacks.  I didn't watch that day I caught up on You Tube.  So will I be loyal with The Talk probably not.  As I'm writing this they are talking about when should you talk to your children about sex.  First they didn't take this topic as seriously as I think the topic should be.  Is this a topic a good topic for their opening show... probably not.  We as viewers need to get to know the group better before these types of topics should be talked about.  JMHO  I will watch tomorrow because Jennifer Lopez!

The Nate Show has been on for about a month now.  I don't watch everyday, but I do like the show.  I do have some things I need to talk about.  Like today I was disappointed,  Nothing really happened on the show.  I like Sally Field, who was his guess star, but why was she on the show.  They said that she has issues about letting items go because she wants to to down size.  We didn't see her house or her issues.  She talked about nothing really..  Nate then had a woman on that had issues with decorating her dinning room.  She hosting Thanksgiving since her grandmother is unable to continue the tradition.  So Nate gave her a dinning room table.  Which was lovely but it seemed like something was missing.  Giving things away to viewer is not a show in the making.  If he was to review a item on the show and then gave this item away to the audience would be interesting.  There is just something missing.  He had is mother on this morning on skype.  She seems like a lovely lady, but Nate is always talking about her, maybe to much.  Maybe she should be his costar on the show to give the show whats missing or what Nate is missing!

No comments: