Saturday, March 6, 2010

Come Clean CD by Puddle of Mudd & My Daughter

My daughter says to me the other day, "Hey Mom listen to this CD, I think you might like it".  OK, I've been busy and didn't get to it until now.  This morning I read emails, read blogs and read google reader, cleaned the house and did the wash. After all that I sat down at the computer thinking I really don't want to start much right now.  I have to work tonight and why start something I can't finish.  So why not blog about the Purex 3n1 and listen to that CD my daughter thought I would like. 


Well I really like the CD, which didn't surprise me as much as how my daughter knows me so well.  It's so thrilling to be so close to my daughter.  We like much of the same music, she loves rummage saling with me and she can appreciate second stuff.  She has realizes the concept that she have can a lot more clothes and stuff she likes if she has patience for second hand finds.  She knows that she can get 5 pairs of name brand jeans if they are second hand for the price of one new.  All it calls for is patience on finding them in the right size.  Last summer while we were rummaging, she found the most beautiful prom dress you have ever seen.  It was the right size and at the right price.  We both were drooling over this dress.  I was so temped to buy it, but I know that by the time she goes to prom it won't fit.  It was sad to leave it behind, but my daughter says to me... "I see so many beautiful prom dresses cheap at rummage sales, that's where I'm going to buy mine... when I go"  I was so proud of her I wanted to bust.  Now I don't have to talk her into buying her prom dresses second hand.  If she buys the dress second hand then I will be more willing to pay for things that won't come from a rummage sale... Such as shoes (not real big fan on second hand shoes, unless they are new) and the hair & make up. She is almost 14 and such a wonderful person!!!  I understand why she has so many friends and so pleased to know I'm one of them.

No comments: