Monday, March 22, 2010

Portrait Frame Finally Arrived

Back in November 2009 we had a family portrait taken.  The last portrait was taken in 1999, so it was time.  I liked the size and shape of the old one, which was oval.  Well when the new portrait arrived it was square and seemed very large to me.  I felt it was too big and I didn't want to hang it.  However my daughter hated the old portrait because she was only 3 years old and she was begging me to hang the new one.  So when the house make over was nearly done I saw a rare JoAnn Fabrics coupon for 60% off custom framing.  I took the portrait over to JoAnn's and picked out a frame.  I ordered a black frame, yes another black item!!!  Carol in framing, yes we are now on first name basis!!  Carol said that it would take about 9 days to complete, she would call me.  After 9 days Carol called me and said that the frame come in scratched and she had to reorder.  I was glad she didn't try to pass it on to me with the scratch.  Carol told me the new frame would be next week and she would call when it was done.  Well the next week Carol called and said that the new frame came in however it was the wrong frame.  At this point I"m getting a bit concerned, they had my portrait at the store for more then 2 weeks.  This worried me that something would happen to it.  But what do ya do??  Carol said that it would be in next week.  Well I waited last week until Wednesday and she didn't call so I called her.  Yes the correct frame and in mint condition was in and they were working on it as we speak!!!  Yes!!  So Thursday morning I went over to pick it up.  I stood there while she unwrapped it and boy was I nervous.  I even told Carol that I was nervous and she just looked at me like I was nuts.  But I really didn't care for the portrait because I felt it was too big. And then adding a wide frame and matting, it was only going to get bigger....  would I like it???  Well I love it!!!  I stood there looking it and the tears started to come.  Carol just laughed at me!!!  I bought it home and hubby hung it that same night!!  No more hiding it in the closet!!  Here it is... a rare look at my family!!
I do need to add something around it, however I'm going to leave it just as it is for awhile.  I want to look at it without distraction.  I can decorate around it when I feel it needs a fresh look.

No comments: