Monday, March 8, 2010

What's in Your Sugar Bowl... Repurposing

Here's one of those things that I have re-purposed.  
 This was a candle in a jar.  After the candle was used up.  To easily remove old wax, I put it in the freezer for a few hours.  The wax gets hard and shrinks a little from sides.  Which makes it easier to scrape the old wax out.  Then I submerged it in the sink with very hot water and wiped out any residue.  Your asking what is the yellow stuff that I have stored in there.  It's my bath salts.  The jar has a tight seal, so the salts don't get hard as a rock.

Next is my sugar bowl...


I know it's killing you to find out what do I have stored in there...


 
Those are pony tail holders or hair bands.  
I love all objects that are black (excluding wild animals and things that once breathed!).  I had to have this sugar bowl because it's black and really cute.  However no one here uses sugar on their cereal or in their coffee..  So what to do with it..  put it in my black and white bathroom to hold hair bands!!

I have many other things I have repurposed but time is short for me right now..  As time permits I will show you more...  However I would like to know whats in your sugar bowl?  If you don't have a sugar bowl how about your cookie jar?

No comments: