Monday, March 15, 2010

Recovering Dinning Room Chair Seat

I recovered my dinning room chairs over the weekend.  I think they look great!!  Please take a look.
Before
After

Doesn't it look nice!!  This is the first time I tried any sort of re-upholstery.  I'm sure this type of project is the easiest thing to re-upholster.  

I bought 1.5 yards of upholstery fabric and then scotch guarded it.  Then I took the old cover off.  These chairs been had re-upholstered over the original at some point.  I only took off the last cover.  I used that for a pattern.  Cut them out and used a electric staple gun to staple the new seat covers over the top of the original seat.  I watched a few videos on You Tube to find out exactly how to do it without wrinkles.  It was all worth it.  I hated those old green covers!!

We didn't have a electric staple gun, so I had to buy one.  OK simple enough, right?  I stopped at Menard's to pick out a small one and some staples.  Well wouldn't ya know it, not all staples work for every gun, bought the wrong ones the first time and the second time.  After 2 stops at the hardware store I got the right ones.   A little side funny....  when I checked out at Menard's with the staple gun the cashier asked if I wanted to buy a warranty?  I laughed and said no, but do you sell health insurance for stapling yourself!!!  I never used a staple gun before and thought I might need it.  But I didn't staple myself!!!  LOL!!  Hubby showed me how to load the staples and I could see it on his face that he didn't think I could use one of these!  Now he better watch out, I'll be stapling everything!!!



No comments: