Thursday, March 4, 2010

For the Love of Def Leppard

Back in the 80's I was the biggest fan of Def Leppard.  The summer of 1988 was the biggest summer of my life.  Everything was going right, it was a good example of what my future was going to be like.  First in June I was married to the perfect man for me.  Who I'm still married too, there were a few bumps in the road, but the road has been good.  Anyway in July of that same year Def Leppard was all over the radio with Pour Some Sugar on Me. I loved that song...  well I loved the whole cassette (yes that is dating me...).  That cassete was with me all the time, in the car cassette player and in my walkman.  I didn't need the cassette for in the house because I had all their 45's on the turn table.  I still have that cassette, but I wouldn't dare play it because I think the songs would be unrecognizable- completely worn out.  I since upgraded to CD's.  Anyway in July Def Leppard came to Brown County Area in Green Bay WI, I was so excited.  This was great, I went with my sister in-law who also was a great fan also.  We had a blast and I will never forget them "in the round".  We were so close, when they play in the round just about everywhere is a good place to see them!!  Then no kidding the next week they were playing at Alpine Valley WI.  So I had to see them again, this time in an outside setting.  So my brother, his wife at the time, hubby and I went via limo!!  We could drink and have a good time without worrying how we would get back safely.  Well that didn't work out as we planned, but that's another story..  I ended up watching Def Leppard all by myself, but I loved every single minute of.  They are the most professional musicians and singers I have ever seen live.  And they still are, I have seen them 6 more times since then.  But I will NEVER for get The Summer or '88.  Best ever.  Now your probably wondering why am I blogging about this.  I just added a You  Tube video on the bottom of this blog.  This is a video of Def Leppard's photo shoot from their 2009 tour.  Please if you have 7 minutes watch it.  They are still "hot" and show they still have fun.  Hopefully I get to see them live again.
 These are not the ticket stubs I was looking for.  I really was on a search for the stubs from 1988, but I seem to not be able to find them.  I'm thinking they are in a scrapbook somewhere...  but where???

No comments: