Monday, March 22, 2010

Yesterday's First Swap Meet ~ Flea Market of the Season

Yesterday was the first Swap Meet and Flea Market that we attend.  This Swap Meet we never sell at, which I don't know why.  As we should.  But anyway.  I especially love this event because the fair grounds where it's held has a book fair on Friday and Saturday, well on Sunday it's fill any size box with any books, puzzles, patterns, VHS or anything else that people had donated for $5!!!  Well I grabbed a medium size box, I couldn't go bigger then that because once it's filled I wouldn't be able to lift it.  Anyway this is the box of stuff I got.
I got 3 puzzles, one is a Charles Wysocki shaped puzzle!!  I have never done one of those before.  I also got few patterns, complete cross stitch kits, cookbooks, new iron on transfers, a dozen defunct Cottage Living magazine and another dozen or so of Cross Stitch magazines.  I can't wait to sit down and really look at all the stuff I picked.  This book sale is so well organized.  All the books are categorized.  First area I went to was the puzzles, then the cookbooks, biography's (however didn't get any of those because there wasn't any books I haven't already read or want), then to the patterns and magazines.  It was so much fun.

Then I went over to the Flea Market, didn't buy much there.  However I did get about 20 or so cookie cutters, a Pampered Chef cookbook, a Christmas dresser scarf and this...



I love this!!  It's metal and it's brand new.  And I'm not going to paint it black, I love it just the way it is.  However I haven't found the perfect place for it YET! 

I didn't go stop at the swap meet building.  Most of the vendor's there sell only Chevy parts and of course being a hard core Ford person there isn't much there for me.  Hubby did go to the swap meet, he didn't buy anything. 

So the season has begun!!

No comments: