Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Welcome Refund Cents Readers

I would like to Welcome Refund Cent Readers.  Michelle the editor of Refund Cents featured yesterday on her site subscriber blogs.   All readers/members could post our blog address and invite Refund Cent readers to our sites. 

I would like to comment on Michelle and Refund Cents.  I love this site. Please check out her site if you have a minute.  Refund Cents Refferal Link  I have subscribed to Refund Cents for nearly 20 years.  Oh yeah, back then refunds and rebates were every where.  Back then rebates were easy to do.  Usually no cash receipts needed, just the proof of purchase.  Just about every new item had a rebate.  I remember back then most people didn't even want to deal with coupons.  It was all about the refunds and upc's, when it came to trading.  Refund Cents was only a magazine back then, no one ever heard of the internet.  So once a month I would wait for the magazine to come.  This magazine gave details on current and up coming coupons, refunds and premium deals.  There was a huge section that was just for ad's that subscribers would want to trade upcs, forms and coupons.  It was great.  Times have changed.  First sign of change was when people started cheating the refund system with bogus home addresses & PO boxes.  People would send in for more then one refund per household.  Then came people creating fake cash register receipts and selling fake complete deals (fake receipts, upcs and forms).  Then came the new world of the computer and the internet.  Trading upcs, forms and coupons became simpler and faster.  Oh yeah when the internet first arrived it was a blast.  Every site wanted to give something away...  Free stuff, free shipping and all the click and earn sites.  Which were if you read emails, click on sites you would earn gift cards and items fast!!  But many sites failed fast doing things like that. 

It's funny before Refund Cents I would see women on the morning shows shopping and only spending a few dollars and have bags and bags of groceries.  I would think to myself, I want to do that.  But I was working 2 jobs and didn't have time to figure out how to do it.  Then I had my first baby, boy I needed help with the price of diapers and formula.  So I ordered a coupon wallet, with hopes of collecting more coupons and being more organized.   When it came, it had a mini version of Refund Cents in it.  I ordered 6 months of the magazine and I have been on a high ride ever since.  You will also meet the nicest and the most helpful people ever on this site.  Everyone on this site knows what your trying to do and will help you out at every step of the way!!!

I don't get the printed magazine anymore.  Because I feel it's old news because I read Michelle's Updates, Chit Chat and Off Topic every single day.  But I know many do still receive it..  they wait by the mailbox and when it arrives they curl up for an afternoon of reading.  Because once you start you won't put it down!!!   You will learn more then you ever thought you would.  It's interesting and some times over whelming.  But believe me once you understand it, you will be hooked on all the good deals!!  There is a subscription price for the online version of the magazine.  But it's totally worth it!!  Really it is.  Michelle updates the site all day long... every day.  She tries the links to new deals herself to make sure they are trust worthy.  There is so much information on this site it will shock you!!!  It's a whole new world, if you haven't tried refunds, couponing and internet shopping with codes  you are missing out!!!  You ARE spending to much on your everyday shopping.

These are just a few items I received through premium offers, that I still have:
There are many more things that I don't have any longer.  The biggest and best thing I got through refunds was my sons Game Boy Color.  That one was from Kool Aid.  He had the best Christmas that year!!!  I liked it too because it didn't cost me anything but the price of the Kool Aid which was free after coupons.. and I had to do some trading to get that many proofs of purchase.  Too bad these types of premiums aren't available any more!!

Anyway check out Refund Cents... you will love it!!
Hi everyone that stopped by from Refund Cents!! 

No comments: