Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cyst

I haven't been posting often on this blog because last week I found a cyst, well I didn't fine it my doctor did.  If you don't need to read about the journey of this cyst I will be putting a header Cyst, so you can skip it.  But this is going to be distracting me from all the things that I love to do... rummage sale, shop, garden and doing things around the house.  Luckily this is happening before the carshow season!!

Last week I was having my "monthly visitor", which is normally very predictable and never a problem.  Well I had a problem.  It was heavy and I had very large clots.  It scared me.  My husband took me to the ER.  They did some tests and said go home, call your OBGYN.  They couldn't or wouldn't tell me if going home was dangerous.  I was upset because the situation was very unusual for me and seemed dangerous.  I had no pain so they said nothing we can do... see your OBGYN.  So I called got an appointment for the same day.  They did an ultrasound and a biopsy of my uterus.  This is what they found a large 10cm cyst on my right ovary.  The biopsy and blood tests came back negative or normal.  However the ultrasound shows that there are dark areas on the cyst.  So my OBGYN said she didn't think it was cancer (enzyme test came back negative) but she didn't like the way it looks with the dark areas.  So I have an appointment with a GYNO Oncologist on Thursday.  She felt positive that this is going to lead to surgery.  Well talk about a way to bum me out.  I love Spring, it is my favorite season and it seems like this year we are going to have an early Spring.  This is the first early Spring in 10 years for this area.   It's very exciting, the thought of gardening early and take the convertible out soon makes my heart beat fast.  Well now this, but it needs to be done.  I just don't see this cyst going away on it's own.  I know sometimes they try to shrink it, however this thing can twist and rupture.  The Dr. said that I shouldn't do anything type of exercising.  Well I'm a waitress, there is a lot of movement with what I do.  Our work kitchen is extremely small so I run the risk of running into other workers.  Lots of stop starting and twisting to avoid other people in the kitchen.  I'm lifting heavy trays up to my shoulders or higher.  So while waiting for the appointment to find out what's happening I'm trying to be careful at work.  This makes for a stressful situation..  always thinking am I doing something that can cause it to rupture.  So the thought of trying to shrink this thing and the time that might take bothers me.  However do I want surgery... NO.  I will know more...  hopefully on Thursday.  Until then I'm trying to be careful, but not think about it all the time.  The funny thing is, I have no pain.  None.  The doctors were surprised that I have no cramping or pain.  Plus I had 2 exams and no one can feel this cyst.  I had one of those exams after they knew it was there and still they can't seem to feel it.  It didn't hurt nor could I feel it during the exam.  This cyst is a sneaky thing!!!

Your probably wondering why I'm posting this.  This is away to vent for me.  Plus the wait to find out anything is lengthy.  It's been a week today since finding out.  I still have 2 days to wait for my appointment.  I have high hopes that I will find out something then.  All I know is that I have a large cyst, it probably isn't cancer and I will probably have surgery to remove it.  I really want to have the answers now, last week would have been better.  But that is not how the health system works.  I'm a planner, so my life is really up in the air.  This is hard for me.   As you can see it took me a week to wrap mind around this and being able to write about it.   I'm hoping my entries about my journey will help someone after this is put behind me, that all will turn out well for them too.

Well I'm off to get a oil change for my van and maybe just maybe I will stop at a thrift shop or two!!  I will report my findings!!

Please keep me your prayers!!

No comments: